This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
The next step in your ITIL career path
The ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) certification is one of the 4 modules leading to the ITIL Managing Professional qualification. ITIL CDS addresses the cultural and team management aspects of product and service management, provides an overview of the tools and technologies which support service management, and demonstrates how to integrate management practices into end-to-end value streams.
The course covers the following ITIL 4 practices to help you understand the major factors that contribute to the successful creation, delivery, and support across the ITIL service value system (SVS):
- Service design
- Software development and management
- Deployment management
- Release management
- Service validation and testing
- Change enablement
- Service Desk
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Knowledge management
- Service level management
- Monitoring and event management
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional (MP) Qualification
In the new ITIL® 4 scheme there are two high-level “stream” qualifications - ITIL Managing Professional (MP) stream and ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) stream.
The ITIL Managing Professional stream targets IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across businesses and provides practical and technical knowledge about how to run successful IT-enabled services, teams and workflows. It comprises of 3 specialist modules and 1 strategist module:
- ITIL 4 Specialist - Create, Deliver & Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist - Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist - High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist – Direct, Plan & Improve
You can get a good and quick idea of the new ITIL 4 Certification Scheme in the diagram below. To obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) or ITIL Strategic Leader (SL) designations you must complete all modules in each stream, with ITIL Strategist being a common module for both streams.
This 3-day course covers the core service management concepts and practices beyond the foundational level to focus on the creation, delivery and support of services and products.
- Understand the concepts and challenges across the service value system relating to organisational structure, collaborative team culture, team capabilities, roles & competencies, employee satisfaction management and the value of positive communications
- Understand how to use a “shift left” approach
- Know how to plan and manage resources in the service value system using the concepts of team collaboration and integration, workforce planning, results-based measurement and reporting, and the culture of continual improvement
- Understand the use and value of information and technology across the service value system covering the concepts of integrated service management toolsets, integration and data sharing, data analytics, artificial intelligence & machine learning, robotic process automation and information models
- Know how to use a value stream to design, develop and transition new services and to understand the ITIL practices that contribute to the value stream
- Know how to use a value stream to provide user support to an existing service and to understand the ITIL practices that contribute to the value stream
- Know how to co-ordinate, prioritize and structure work and activities to create, deliver and support services by managing work as tickets and understand the considerations in prioritization of work
- Understand build vs buy considerations, sourcing options and service integration and management, across the service value system
Who should attend
The ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support course is designed for:
- IT service management practitioners who are seeking to obtain the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional (MP) designation
- IT service management practitioners who are responsible for the creation of and/or the end-to-end delivery and support of IT-enabled and digital services
- Roles include:
- Service Desk Managers
- IT Infrastructure & Support Managers
- Problem, Change, and Release Managers
- DevOps Managers
- Continual Improvement Program/Project Directors/Managers
- Senior Service & Support Analysts
- Process/Practice Owners
- Service Level Management Managers.
1) Introduction & Recap of ITIL Foundation
2) The evolution of professionalism in IT and service management
- Organizations, people, and culture
- Building effective teams
- Developing team culture
3) Using information and technology to create, deliver, and support services
- Integration and data sharing
- Reporting and advanced analytics
- Collaboration and workflow
- Robotic process automation
- Artificial intelligence
- Machine learning
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment
- The value of an effective information model
- Automation of service management
4) Value streams to create, deliver, and support services
- ITIL service value streams
- Model value streams for creation, delivery, and support
- Using value streams to define a minimum viable practices
5) Prioritizing and managing work
- Why do we need to prioritize work?
- Commercial and sourcing considerations
6) Exam Preparation
- Exam techniques
- Sample Exam(s)
- ITIL® 4 Strategist: Create, Deliver & Support
- MYR 5900 + gst per person
- Comprehensive ALC course workbook, quality colour printed
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver & Support Textbook
- Official exam ITIL Specialist:Create, Deliver & Support
- Online Examination Voucher (3 Month Validity)
The ITIL 4 Foundation Qualification is a prerequisite for the ITIL 4 Strategist: Create, Deliver & Support Certification.
Live Virtual Training – Participants will be provided with an online exam voucher to sit the exams at a time and date of their choosing within 3 months of the course. The web-proctored exams are available 24/7 and run by the examination institute PEOPLECERT.
Face-to-Face Training – Participants will be provided with a paper-based exam which is completed whilst at the course in the same venue of the course itself.
The exam comprises:
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 28 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) - 70%
- 90 minutes duration
- Closed book