This course is presented as
Live Virtual Training.
Click for more details.
The ISACA® Certified in Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)® certification is the world-leading vendor-neutral certification designed for IT professionals in large organisations who are responsible for directing, managing and supporting the governance of enterprise IT.
CGEIT® recognises a wide range of professionals for their knowledge and application of principles and practices of governance of enterprise IT. As a CGEIT certified professional, you demonstrate that you are capable of bringing governance of enterprise IT into an organisation—that you grasp the complex subject holistically, and therefore, enhance value to the enterprise.
IT systems are continually evolving to ensure competitiveness, enable reach to global markets and handle external pressures such as regulation. The governance of enterprise IT provides significant support to the board of directors and executive management.
The CGEIT® program supports increasing business demands and recognises the wide range of professionals whose knowledge and application of governance of enterprise IT principles are key to managing the forces of transition.
Benefits to the Organisation
Organisations employ a CGEIT to ensure they get good governance, an environment of no or few “surprises”, and the ability to have an agile response to any that arise. Increasingly, CGEIT is viewed by companies and governmental agencies around the world as a necessary prerequisite for anyone involved with governance of enterprise IT.
The CGEIT course, held over 3 days, covers four domains of practice identified as being key to ensuring that IT and business systems operate with greater efficiencies and optimum effectiveness thereby creating greater trust in and value from the investment in IT:
- Domain 1—Governance of Enterprise IT (40%)
- Domain 2—IT Resources (15%)
- Domain 3—Benefits Realisation (26%)
- Domain 4—Risk Optimisation (19%)
Benefits to the Individual
For the Professional, CGEIT provides:
- A global and prestigious lifelong symbol of knowledge and expertise
- Enhanced credibility, influence and recognition and the competitive advantage and higher earnings that flow from this
- The benefits of becoming part of an elite peer network.
- The ability to leverage the tools and resources of a global community of industry experts.
Who should attend
CGEIT is intended for professionals with management, advisory or assurance roles relating to:
- IS/IT Directors
- IS/IT Managers
- IS/IT Consultants
- IT Governance Professionals
- IS/IT Executives
CGEITs hold many prominent positions in industry and government including:
- C-level executive.
Following are examples of common roles and responsibilities held by CGEITs:
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the IT strategic plan
- Manage IT-enabled investment portfolios through their useful asset life cycle
- Advise on industry accepted practices and frameworks to improve IT governance
- Develop IT and information systems strategic plans and control frameworks
- Integrate information security into enterprise IT governance
- Manage the enterprise architecture, including infrastructure and applications
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the risk strategy, plan and program
- Introductions, course agenda and approach
- Overview of Domains and Tasks
Domain 1: Governance of Enterprise IT (40%)
- Governance Framework
- Components of a Governance Framework
- Organisational Structures, Roles, and Responsibilities
- Strategy Development
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Organisational Culture
- Business Ethics
- Technology Governance
- Governance Strategy Alignment with Enterprise Objectives
- Strategic Planning Process
- Stakeholder Analysis and Engagement
- Communication and Awareness Strategy
- Enterprise Architecture
- Policies and Standards
- Information Governance
- Information Architecture
- Information Asset Lifecycle
- Information Ownership and Stewardship
- Information Classification and Handling
Domain 2: IT Resources (15%)
- IT Resource Planning
- Sourcing Strategies
- Resource Capacity Planning
- Acquisition of Resources
- IT Resource Optimisation
- IT Resource Lifecycle and Asset Management
- Human Resource Competency Assessment and Development
- Management of Contracted Services and Relationships
Domain 3: Benefits Realization (26%)
- IT Performance and Oversight
- Performance Management
- Change Management
- Governance Monitoring
- Governance Reporting
- Quality Assurance
- Process Development and Improvement
- Management of IT-Enabled Investments
- Business Case Development and Evaluation
- IT Investment Management and Reporting
- Performance Metrics
- Benefit Evaluation Methods
Domain 4: Risk Optimisation (19%)
- Risk Strategy
- Risk Frameworks and Standards
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk Appetite and Risk Toleranc
- Risk Management
- IT-Enabled Capabilities, Processes, and Services
- Business Risk, Exposures, and Threats
- Risk Management Lifecycle
- Risk Assessment Methods
CGEIT - Governance of Enterprise IT Training
|CGEIT 3-day course alone
||MYR 6,400 + sst
|CGEIT exam (optional, see below)
||MYR 2,800 + sst
|CGEIT course + exam
||MYR 9,200 + sst
Course fees include:
- 3 days course presentation with Tier 1 trainer
- Comprehensive course workbook quality printed in colour
- CGEIT Review Manual 8th Edition, hardcopy
- QAE Database Subscription – 12 months online access
The CGEIT Exam
The CGEIT exam is set, conducted and marked by ISACA. All exams will be conducted online via computer-based testing centres around the world.
Exam vouchers via ALC
You can book your CGEIT exam direct with ISACA (see below) or else you can purchase an exam voucher via ALC (we are an ISACA Accredited Channel Partner) and have both course and exam on the one invoice.
If you want to purchase via ALC please make sure, when making your online registration, that you indicate "CGEIT Course + Exam" in the COMMENTS field and that you choose the PAY BY INVOICE option (do not select the PAY BY CARD option).
The voucher will be issued to you at the end of the course together with full instructions as to how to register for the exam. Please note that the actual exam registration is done direct with ISACA using the voucher code issued to you.
For more information on how to register for an ISACA exam, please refer to the exams page on the ISACA website.
The CGEIT Exam
The CGEIT exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions, given during a four-hour session, that cover four job practice domains. The 38 supporting tasks are intended to depict the tasks performed by individuals who have a significant management, advisory, or assurance role relating to the governance of IT and the knowledge requirements to perform these tasks. They are also intended to define the roles and responsibilities of the professionals performing IT governance work. The job practice domains and percentages below indicate the emphasis of questions that will appear on the exam. The CGEIT exam contains some questions which are included for research and analysis purposes. These questions are not separately identified and not used to calculate the candidate’s final score.
The CGEIT Credential
To earn the CGEIT credential, an individual must:
- Achieve a passing score on the CGEIT exam. A passing score on the CGEIT exam, without completing the required work experience as outlined below, is only valid for five years. If the applicant does not meet the CGEIT certification requirements within the five year period, the passing score is voided.
- Submit an application with verified evidence of five years of work experience. An applicant must provide evidence of management, advisory or oversight experience associated with the governance of the IT-related contribution to an enterprise. Five years of such experience is required and is defined and described specifically by the CGEIT job practice domains and task statements. Work experience must be gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within five years from the date of initially passing the exam.
- Agree to abide by the ISACA Code of Professional Ethics which can be viewed at www.isaca.org/ethics.
- Agree to comply with the CGEIT Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Policy, which can be viewed at www.isaca.org/cgeitcpepolicy.