PRINCE2® 6th Edition – Formerly known as PRINCE2® 2017
(Official Name Change as per AXELOS, effective 1 January, 2020)
ALC's PRINCE2 Practitioner course is based on the new 2017 syllabus.
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Certificate course is designed for anyone who already has the PRINCE2 Foundation certificate and who wants to upgrade their knowledge and certification to Practitioner level. The course focuses strongly on workshops, exercises and case studies so that you understand how to put the theory into practice.
The course assumes that you have kept your PRINCE2 Foundation knowledge reasonably fresh, either through application in the workplace or else through revision of the course textbook.
What if you did Foundation in the previous PRINCE2 version?
ALC’s PRINCE2 course is based on the new 2017 syllabus. PRINCE2 6th Edition (Formerly PRINCE2 2017) is a significant and important revision that has been enthusiastically welcomed by the overwhelming majority. There are however a number of quite significant changes, all for the better, in the new syllabus. If you do not understand them you will be at a disadvantage in the Practitioner exam.
If you have done Foundation at the previous syllabus (PRINCE2 5th Edition | PRINCE2 2009), or if quite a bit of time has elapsed since you did Foundation, then we highly recommend that you re-sit the Foundation course again.
If you did your Foundation with ALC then please contact us to discuss options.
The objective of this course is for each participant to be able to:
- Understand all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology
- Know how to deliver projects on time, within budget and to defined quality requirements
- Effectively control the start, progress and closure of a project
- Integrate the PRINCE2 Principles and Themes into a project
- Establish a project organisation with the appropriate stakeholders
- Apply planning processes that ensure alignment with project business case and quality requirements
- Manage the progress of a project using the appropriate control mechanisms
Who should attend
- Current or aspiring project management professionals
- Anyone intending to become a PRINCE2 Consultant or PRINCE2 Trainer.
- People working on projects, people initiating projects, business representatives, team leaders, those with an interest in project management or who are considering moving into that field.
Module 2: Practitioner Preparation Course & Exam (2 days)
The PRINCE2 Practitioner module is designed to provide the additional in-depth knowledge and understanding necessary to ensure you are able to apply PRINCE2 to the running and managing of projects.
The course comprises an intensive format of lectures, workshops and exercises. The Practitioner exam is held at the end of the last day.
The course will cover the following:
1. Revision of foundation certificate theory
2. Coaching on examination structure and process
3. Complete mock Practitioner exam questions
4. Practical exercises and discussions on how to implement PRINCE2
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees A$ per person
- PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner - Course & Exam (5 days)
- $1950 + gst
- PRINCE2® Foundation - Course & Exam (3 days)
- $1300 + gst
- PRINCE2® Practitioner Prep - Course & Exam (2 days)
- $1200 + gst
What You Get:
- Genuine 2-day course! Our Practitioner exam is held on Friday afternoon, not first thing in the morning. You get two full days, better coverage of material and much better exam revision and exam prep.
- Full catering. A proper sit-down lunch plus morning and afternoon tea is provided each day. You are not left to fend for yourself and you don't miss out on valuable discussions and interactions during the breaks. All up, a much better learning experience.
- Materials + Exams:
- ALC PRINCE2 workbook
- Practice Exams
- Practitioner exam
- Great post-course support. There are always questions after the course. We are local and offer genuine support. Get your questions answered promptly and in your time zone.
NOTE: The course textbook Managing Successful Projects is not included with the course fee. It is assumed that participants already have this from when they attended the Foundation module. If you need a new copy of the textbook this can be purchased. Please contact us.
Our Price Guarantee!
Quality usually comes at a premium, but we strive hard to offer you the best value PRINCE2 training possible - best courses at competitive prices.
Contact the ALC team if you think you can get a better comparable deal on PRINCE2 anywhere else!
The Practitioner Certificate exam is normally held in the afternoon on Day 5. The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
Foundation Certificate is a mandatory pre-requisite to undertake the Practitioners exam.
- Open book (official PRINCE2 manual only)
- 2.5 hours
- 68 multiple choice questions
- Pass mark 55% (or 38 out of 68)