Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) is a world-class professional development program designed to provide a solid baseline level knowledge of Business Relationship Management.
It embodies a set of competencies to foster an effective business value-producing relationship between a service provider and its business partners. These competencies can be leveraged through:
- organisational roles (e.g. in an IT organisation, the CIO typically has a role of BRM for the enterprise)
- a discipline (e.g. all business partner facing service provider roles should be skilled in Business Relationship Management)
- an organisational capability (e.g. a service provider organisation should be effective in shaping and channeling demand to the highest business value opportunities)
BRM’s focus is on increasing the value proposition of services and reducing the perennial challenge of the gap between ‘the business needs’ and that of service provision (often referred to as the ‘Alignment Challenge’). As the gap reduces through the skills of the BRM so the value to the business increases and value leakage slows.
The BRM Role therefore is a crucial link between a service provider and the business acting as a connector, orchestrator and navigator between the service provider and one or more business units.
ALC's course on Business Relationship Management is fully accredited by APMG in association with Business Relationship Management Institute (BRMI), the world leading go-to source of up-to-date BRM knowledge and practices and the forum to exchange ideas with other BRM practitioners in the field.
Now you can master the
essential skills and knowledge of BRMP
with ALC's powerful 3-day accredited course.
The BRM Discipline rests on solid research-based foundations verified and enhanced over a decade of successful implementations in leading organisations across the world. Proven to be equally effective for shared services including Human Resources, Finance, Legal, external service providers and others, BRM practices have enjoyed widespread adaption in IT. BRM implementations rate in IT services has quickened significantly, since 2011, when the BRM role and corresponding processes have been formalized as an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) best practice and an ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management international standard requirement.
Business Relationship Management Institute (BRMI) is a leading non-profit corporation that serves the Business Relationship Management professional community by providing membership, certification and professional development to help maximise Business Relationship Management capability in organisations. BRMI is the go-to source of up-to-date BRM knowledge and leading practices and the forum to exchange ideas with other practitioners in the field.
BRMI has partnered with APMG-International, a global leader in accreditation and certification services, to promote wider adoption of world-class Business Relationship Management training and facilitate widespread availability of BRMI professional certifications. APMG-International, which is responsible for facilitating the delivery of Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) training and certification, works in partnership with over 250 training companies worldwide. Its Accredited Training organisations have undergone the most rigorous assessment process in the industry. APMG-International examinations are available globally and it works with 21 languages.
ALC Group is fully accredited by APMG to deliver BRMI certification training.
Holders of BRMI Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) credentials will be able to demonstrate their understanding of:
- The characteristics of the BRM role and what it means to perform as a Strategic/Tactical partner
- Contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the service provider’s services
- The use of Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques to maximize ‘realized’ business value
- Business Transition Management and the conditions for successful change programs to minimize value leakage
- The BRM role in Service Management and alignment of services and service levels with business needs
- The principles of effective and persuasive communication
- Enable an increase in the value proposition model within the customer/supplier relationship
Who should attend
Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®) training and certification program is intended for the aspiring to intermediate-level Business Relationship Managers and designed to provide a solid foundation-level knowledge of Business Relationship Management.
BRMP® professional development program provides an excellent Return on Investment (ROI) and is ideally suited for:
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- External Service Providers
- Representatives of shared services organisations including
- Strategy Planning, etc.
- Business partners and anyone else interested in business value maximisation.
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role.
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces.
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role.
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner.
- Be able to explain common BRM reporting and organizing structures.
- Understand “Demand Shaping” as a means to increase value realization from provider investments, services and assets.
- Be able to use a Strategic Relationship Management Process and Tools to strengthen business partner and provider relationships.
- Understand how and where to engage in your business partner’s decision cycle.
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page as a mutual Relationship Contract.
- Understand the concepts of “Value Leakage” and the BRMs role in minimizing this.
- Understand the concepts of Capability Roadmaps and how these are derived from business strategy.
- Understand the concepts of Value Management and how these link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities, communicate and drive business value.
- Be able to use Business Outcomes to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and determine value metrics.
- Understand how Portfolio Management is the central mechanism for a Value Management Process.
- Understand how to apply Portfolio Management to the entire life cycle of provider investments, from managing new investments, optimizing existing investments and retiring old investments.
- Understand the relationships between Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Be familiar with two common Portfolio Classification schemes and how they are applied to achieve a Portfolio Balancing.
- Understand how governance processes and structures are used in support of Portfolio Management.
Business Transition Management
- Understand what Business Transition Management is, why it is important to BRM, and the components of a Business Transition Capability Model.
- Understand how to create urgency for stakeholders.
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated for successful business transition.
- Understand key change leadership concepts.
- Understand the importance of clarifying the change details and typical methods for achieving clarity.
- Understand how the Cliff Analogy illustrates all key factors in managing a transition.
- Understand the value-centric definition of a service.
- Understand the important distinctions between Products and Services and the implications for the BRM.
- Understand the different aspects of service value and how service provider constraints impact the role of the BRM.
- Understand the components of ‘powerful communications’.
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Be able to express themselves through a unique value proposition.
Fees per person
Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®)(3 days) + Certificate Exam
Live Virtual Training – Participants will be provided an online exam voucher to book their exam online at a date of their choice after the course. The voucher is valid for 12 months. The online exam voucher is provided at the end of the course and participants are required to sit their exam via the proctoru system. For more exam voucher information, click here.
Face-to-Face Training – Participants will be provided with a paper-based exam which is completed whilst at the course in the same venue of the course itself.
- Multiple Choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 30 mark or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 60%
- 50 minute duration
- Closed book
There are no formal pre-requisites for this training course. Attendees will be introduced to the core competencies required for successful Business relationship management.