Special 25th anniversary promotion.
SAVE 25% off normal price MYR 4900.
Limited time offer.
SAFe®, the Scaled Agile Framework®, is a knowledge base of proven, integrated principles, practices and competencies for Lean, Agile and DevOps. SAFe guides enterprises in scaling lean and agile practices and promotes alignment, collaboration and delivery across large numbers of agile teams. Developed by practitioners, SAFe leverages three primary bodies of knowledge: agile software development, lean product development, and systems thinking.
SAFe is designed to manage longer planning horizons. Whereas development teams typically work to two to three iterations ahead, larger organisations need to plan much further. Often they work with a very high level, 12 to 18-month roadmap, then plan collaboratively with the teams for three months of work.
The Leading SAFe® 5.0 course
The unprecedented pace of technology innovation means that tech is at the heart of all businesses. In order to stay competitive in this era of digital disruption, organisations and individuals need to constantly strive to improve customer service, business agility and differentiate themselves from the competition.
Adopting a lean-agile culture, striving for continuous improvement and empowering employees to innovate are the keys to survival to help accelerate critical transformation activities.
Candidates will gain insights into how to master business agility to thrive in competitive markets. Through discussion and practice the course covers establishing a team, improving technical agility, organising and re-organising around value streams as well as supporting and executing PI Planning events. Participants will explore the need to adopt a customer-centric mindset and design-thinking approach, that is essential to agile product delivery.
Leading SAFe 5.0 is a non-technical foundational course designed for anyone who wants to get started with creating, developing and leading a lean-agile culture at scale, using the latest version of the Scaled Agile Framework.
The course prepares participants to take the Certified SAFe® Agilist exam.
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise.
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher.
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe.
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose.
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap.
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution.
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management.
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train.
Who should attend
This course is designed for:
- Candidates seeking a foundational understanding of lean-agile practices.
- Managers and leaders responsible for employees that are working on lean-agile initiatives.
1. Thriving in the Digital Age with Business Agility
- Thrive in the Digital Age
- Describe SAFe as an Operating System for Business Agility
- Explain the Seven Core Competencies of Business Agility
2. Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Embrace the Lean Agile Mindset
- Apply Lean and Agile at scale with the SAFe Principles:
- Take an Economic View
- Apply Systems Thinking
- Assume Variability, Preserve Options
- Build Incrementally with Fast, Integrated Learning Cycles
- Base Milestones on Objective Evaluation of Working Systems
- Visualise and Limit WIP, Reduce Batch Sizes and Manage Queue Lengths
- Apply Cadence & Synchronise with Cross-Domain Planning
- Unlock the Intrinsic Motivation of Knowledge Workers
- Decentralise Decision-Making
- Organise Around Value
3. Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Form Cross-Functional Agile Teams
- Build Quality In
- Organise Agile Release Trains (ARTs) around the Flow of Value
4. Building Solutions with Agile Product Delivery
- Apply Customer Centricity with Design Thinking
- Prioritise the Program Backlog
- Participate in PI Planning
- Develop on Cadence & Release on Demand
- Build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps
5. Exploring Lean Portfolio Management
- Define the SAFe Portfolio
- Connect the Portfolio to the Enterprise Strategy
- Maintain the Portfolio Vision
- Establish Portfolio Flow
- Fund Value Streams
6. Leading the Change
- Leading by Example
- Lead the Change
7. Becoming a Certified SAFe Agilist
- Resources & Techniques
- SAFe Agilist Action Plan
Face-to-face classroom training
Leading SAFe 5.0
The fee includes:
- Course workbook
- Preparation and voucher to take the SAFe® 5.0 Agilist exam
- Digital Badge available (via Scaled Agile) upon successful completion of the exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Full catering including proper sit-down lunch each day
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, candidates should ideally have at least 2 years of agile or scrum experience in one of the following areas:
- Software Development
- Business Analysis
- Enterprise / Solution Architecture
- Product Management
- Programme / Project Management
- Name: SAFe 5 Agilist Exam
- Format: Multiple Choice - 45 Questions
- Pass Score: 34 out of 45 (76%)
- Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course
- Exam to be taken within 30 days of course completion
More Exam Details
SAFe Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned. Renewal Fee applies.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.