This is the course for anyone who wants to get rapidly up-to-speed on Cloud.
Cloud computing offers a new way to gain on-demand, elastic capabilities, avoiding the need for significant capital investment whilst promoting a culture of innovation through a ‘fail-fast’ paradigm. Clients benefit from a pay-as-you-go model, coupled with intuitive self-service capabilities, providing unprecedented speed-to-market and clear cost transparencies with market leaders such as Microsoft, Amazon and Google.
This 1-day course is designed to improve your knowledge of cloud computing concepts and terms and to better understand the benefits and challenges that cloud can bring to your business.
The key objectives of this course are for participants to be able to:
- Understand the concepts, characteristics, delivery models and benefits of cloud computing
- Understand the key security and compliance challenges of cloud computing
- Understand the key technical and organisational challenges
- Understand the different characteristics of public, private and hybrid cloud deployment models.
Who should attend
The course is designed for:
- Managers responsible for cloud computing initiatives or projects
- Non-technical staff from backgrounds such as finance, legal, marketing, procurement and sales
- Individuals and organisations seeking a concise run-down on cloud computing.
1. Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Overview of Cloud
- Benefits of Cloud
- Five Cloud Characteristics (NIST)
- Three Cloud Service Models (NIST)
- Four Cloud Deployment Models (NIST)
2. Cloud Security & Compliance Challenges
- Understanding of security, compliance and risk
- Roles and responsibilities between cloud consumers and cloud providers
- Assessing and understanding cloud provider security
- Overview and usage of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) resources, such as the cloud controls matrix (CCM) and the consensus assessment initiative (CAI)
- Understanding of data responsibility and jurisdiction
- The role and structure of service level agreements (SLAs)
3. Cloud Technical and Organisational Challenges
- Overview of cloud application design considerations
- Understand the implications of big data
- Understand the cloud application lifecycle
- Describe the key principles of cloud automation and testing
- Harnessing the power of shadow IT
4. Cloud Computing Deployment Models
- Overview of public, private and hybrid cloud deployment models
- Broad understanding of Microsoft, Amazon and Google cloud services scope
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees MYR per person
Cloud Computing Overview (1 day)
- Course presentation
- Printed course workbook
- Full catering including sit-down lunch each day