* Updated to include revised 2017 syllabus.
This 3-day Foundation Certificate course provides a comprehensive coverage of all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology, including the 7 PRINCIPLES, 7 THEMES, 7 PROCESSES of PRINCE2 as well as sub-processes and techniques. Exercises are based on a real life case study to ensure that participants learn the practical application of PRINCE2 theory.
The objective of the PRINCE2 Foundation Level Course is to ensure that participants will acquire the skills and knowledge to be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
The course is based on the new 2017 syllabus to ensure maximum relevance. Through practice exams, workshops and evening study, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam which is held at the end of Day 3.
After completing this course, candidates will understand the structure and key terminology of the method. Specifically the candidate should understand:-
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benef its of adopting PRINCE2
- The purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and themes
- The PRINCE2 principles
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
Who should attend
This qualification is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
- This program is also ideal for anyone intending to become a PRINCE2 Consultant or PRINCE2 Trainer.
The PRINCE2 3-day Foundation Certificate Course taken on its own is designed for those who are not necessarily aspiring for professional level knowledge but who nevertheless require a sufficient understanding of this project management methodology – such as people working on projects, people initiating projects, business representatives, team leaders, those with an interest in project management or who are considering moving into that field.
If you take the Foundation module on its own you may at a later date take the Practitioner module and complete the full program.
The course is of 3 days duration and provides a comprehensive coverage of the key principles and terminology of the PRINCE2 method.
The course will cover the following topics:
1. Introduction to PRINCE2 and Project Management
- Characteristics of project management
- Project and product life cycles
- History of PRINCE2
- Overview of methodology
- Project Management structure
- Benefits of PRINCE2
2. The 7 Principles of PRINCE2
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibility
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suit the project environment
3. The 7 Themes of PRINCE2
- Business Case
4. The 7 Processes of PRINCE2
- Starting a project
- Directing a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing Stage Boundaries
- Managing Product Delivery
- Closing a Project
5. The Tailoring of PRINCE2
Face-to-face classroom training
Fees per person
- PRINCE2® Foundation - Course & Exam (3 days)
- MYR 4400 + gst
What you get:
- Genuine 3-day course! Our Foundation exam is held on Wednesday afternoon, not first thing in the morning. You get three full days, better coverage of material and much better exam revision and exam prep.
- Full catering. A proper sit-down lunch plus morning and afternoon tea is provided each day. You are not left to fend for yourself and you don't miss out on valuable discussions and interactions during the breaks. All up, a much better learning experience.
- Materials + Exams:
- ALC PRINCE2 workbook, quality printed in colour to maximise learning
- the official course textbook Managing Successful Projects
- exclusive ALC PRINCE2 wallchart
- Foundation exam
- Great post-course support. There are always questions after the course. We are local and offer genuine support. Get your questions answered promptly and in your time zone.
The Foundation Certificate exam is held at the end of Day 3.
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2.
The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
- Multiple choice
- 60 questions per paper
- 60 minutes duration
- Pass mark 55% (or 33 out of 60)